Available start dates for the program: See Academic Calendar
Program language: English or Spanish
Available Schedules: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 7:00PM-10:00PM, Saturday from 7:00AM-7:30PM
Program duration: 2 years for Full-Time students and 3 years for Part-Time students
Educational offering are delivered through distance education(hybrid)
MASTERS OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION IN FINANCE PROGRAM
The Master of Business Administration in Finance at the Jose Maria Vargas University aims to help managers gain a distinct advantage in their profession, whether they are in industrial, financial, government or non-profit institutions. The MBA Program in Finance seeks candidates of high caliber -- i.e., students with strong academic backgrounds, professional experience, personal maturity and the interest and discipline to develop their managerial and leadership potential.
To achieve this goal, the College offers a broad-based program curriculum which hopes to strike a balance between technical training and practical problem-solving that is founded on current management theories and approaches. It is complemented by case analyses, company/industry studies, business games and other experiential learning methods. A conscious effort has been made to develop a curriculum responsive to the unique features of the South Florida Region. MBA students engage in an intensive study in current management concepts and techniques through a core curriculum covering the functional areas in business as well as economics, applied mathematics and statistics and behavioral science. Students are encouraged to gain added functional expertise by pursuing elective courses offered at the Business Administration Department of Jose Maria Vargas University.
1. Assess principles from multiple functional areas to undertake varied managerial function.
2. Apply effective interpersonal communications skills
3. Analyze information using critical and analytical thinking to make sound business decisions.
4. Justify the use of diverse financial principles and techniques to enhance organizational effectiveness and operational performance.
5. Apply the legal, ethical, moral, and corporate social responsibility values in managerial decisions.
6. Integrate multicultural perspective in decision making.
This program is offered exclusively in English or in Spanish.